Bay of Plenty
Bay of Plenty is one of New Zealand’s most exciting tourist destinations. With some of the country’s most beautiful coastline, rolling surf beaches, protected bays and lush forests, it’s easy to see why the Bay of Plenty is so popular.
Located on the sheltered eastern coast of the North Island of New Zealand, the sunny Bay of Plenty is just three hours drive south of Auckland. Make sure the Bay of Plenty is on your ‘must see’ list of New Zealand destinations.
Rich in history and loaded with adventure activities, the Bay of Plenty is made up of several main towns, all with a unique holiday experiences to offer:
Explore the Bay of Plenty’s marine wonderland:
- Visit White Island, an active volcano, 50 kilometres off the coast
- Swim with the dolphins out of Tauranga Harbour
- Take a surf lesson at the Mt Maunganui Beach or boogie board the waves
Discover the Bay of Plenty’s natural environment:
- Take one of many gorgeous bush walks in the Bay of Plenty
- Visit waterfalls, lakes, incredible beaches, thermal hot springs
- Take to the air in a balloon, glider or try tandem sky diving!
Experience delicious cuisine, fine wines and a cosmopolitan café culture:
- Visit the trendy cafes at Mt Maunganui
- Go wine tasting at Mills Reef or Morton Estate
- Check out the nightlife in Tauranga City
Take part in one of the Bay of Plenty’s many festivals and sporting events:
Ironman, triathalons, surfing competitions, ocean speed racing and fishing Jazz Festivals Food and Wine Festivals
Home of the kiwifruit, the Bay of Plenty’s warm climate, lush countryside and beautiful beaches make it an ideal holiday spot!